OMEGA PSI PHI FRATERNITY, INC.
CHI TAU ORLANDO GRADUATE CHAPTER
2019 Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
This is a competitive scholarship available to African-American male applicants in the amount of $1,000.
Enrolling in an accredited, post-secondary institution as a full-time student for the fall term 2019-20.
2019 high school graduate with a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above.
Demonstrated achievement through extracurricular activities.
Complete the Application Packet as instructed and submit by the deadline date of April 9, 2019.
1. Application: 2019 Chi Tau Orlando Graduate Chapter Scholarship Application.
2. Essay: A 700-750-word essay, type-written, double-spaced on the topic, “How has social media impacted today’s youth, and what influence does it have on their future?”.
3. Student Biography and Picture: Prepare an autobiography which includes a statement of future goals. A digitized professional photo is required. The photo should be in jpeg format at 300 dpi resolution quality or better. Submit requested photo dressed in a coat and tie. (Example: Yearbook photo or a head shot photo).
4. Send to: FriendshipFoundationFl@gmail.com. Your signature on the application grants Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., permission to publish your name, picture, scholarship amount, and personal biographical information as documentation in annual reports required by the fraternity’s governing body.
5. Transcript: An official sealed high school transcript with cumulative grade point average.
6. SAT/ACT Scores: A copy of SAT and/or ACT scores or scores reported on the official sealed high school transcript.
7. Letters of Recommendation: Submit at least two (2) letters of recommendation from high school counselor, employer, church, community agency personnel, etc. The individual should include in the letter how long they have known the applicant and in what capacity. Letters from family members will not be accepted.
1. Submission of Application: All application packets must be postmarked and submitted on or before April 9, 2019. Hand-delivered packets by applicants given to fraternity members will not be accepted. Mail completed application packets to:
Friendship Foundation, Inc.,
Attn: Scholarship Committee,
P.O. Box 2746, Orlando, FL 32802
submit online by going to: www.FriendshipFoundationFl.com Under the menu titled “Omega Psi Phi Scholarship, select “Online Application”
Applications mailed or submitted online must be received and dated on or before April 9, 2019.
2. Completed Applications: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Scholarship Award Process
Scholarship Award: If selected to receive a scholarship, the applicant will receive a notification to both the email and home address provided on the application. Applicants who were not selected to receive a scholarship will receive notification by mail. The decision by the Scholarship Committee is final.
Scholarship Award Program
Students selected to receive a scholarship will be recognized at the fraternity’s Annual Scholarship Luncheon Award Program on Saturday, May 4, 2019. The student is expected to attend the award luncheon to be recognized and eligible to receive the scholarship award upon verification of enrollment in college.
Acceptance of the Scholarship
Upon completion of college registration and enrollment in classes, the student must submit an enrollment schedule issued by the Registrar’s Office. The scholarship check will be mailed directly to the student at the mailing address provided in the “student information” section of the scholarship application unless otherwise notified. Scholarships not claimed by November 1, 2019 will become invalidated and not awarded.